Friday-Sunday, 8 November 2019 to 10 November 2019
The objectives of this course are for the participant to:
- Observe a full “Live” case where a clinical instructor predictably prepare and deliver a smile makeover case in three days.
- Understand the preparation design and protocols.
- Learn to comprehensively diagnose and treatment plan for patients.
- Cases to avoid: Identifying the different signs and symptoms
- How to transfer the occlusion of the preparation accurately to the lab.
- Harnessing technology and material advancement in CAD/CAM and aesthetic dentistry.
- Understand the principles of the ideal smile design.
- Photography for a successful case from presentation to finishing
Dr. Jerry E.Y.Lim, BDS(Singapore), FRACDS(Australia), FICD, DICOI
Jerry completed his undergraduate dental training in National University of Singapore in the year 1995. He obtained his Fellowship from The Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons (FRACDS) by examination in the year 2002.
He is a Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (DICOI) and a Fellow of the International College of Dentists (FICD). He is currently a part-time tutor with the National University of Singapore.
Jerry has a special interest in the field of Aesthetic and Implant Dentistry and has lectured on Neuromuscular, Aesthetic and Implant Dentistry in Singapore, Taiwan and Indonesia.
Dr. Ronnie Yap BDS (Singapore), DGDP (UK), FRACDS (Australia)
Ronnie graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1992. He has been honoured and priviledged to be awarded both the FAC Ohlers Gold Medal for being the Best Clinical Student, as well as the University Silver Medal for the Best Student of that graduating year.
Dr. Yap is currently an adjunct lecturer with the National University of Singapore. He is a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Dental Surgeons (FRACDS) and the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI). Dr. Yap is also Diplomate of the Faculty of General Dental Practitioners of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (GDPRCS) and Fellow of International College of Dentists (FICD)
A firm believer of continuing education, he has been actively organising professional education courses for dentists locally.
Alvin Chai, Ceramist
Grace Sabando, Ceramist
|Day 1 Program
|Module 1 – The Aesthetic Dental Practice
- Why an aesthetic practice
- Essentials of an aesthetics dental practice
- Having a Plan and getting there
|Module 2 – Advanced Smile Design: A multidisciplinary approach
- Macro Aesthetics
- Mini Aesthetics
- Micro Aesthetics
- Digital Dentistry and Smile Design
- Photography and Videography
|Module 3 – From Plastic to Ceramics
- The aesthetic mockup
- Advanced Preparation Guide
- Teeth Preparation design. When and why? Supra and sub-gingival placements
- Provisional Stent fabrication
- CAD CAM veneers
- Shade taking
- Impression techniques
|“Live” over the Shoulder veneer preparation and provisionalisation
|Day 2 Program
|Module 4 – Practical Occlusion in Restorative Dentistry
- Review of occlusion
- Management of occlusion in the aesthetic cases
- Bite management
- Cases to avoid
|Module 5 – Case Presentation Skills
- Handling the aesthetic patient versus regular patients : The new patient experience
- Identifying the “pain”
- Building trust
- Finances and case management and team approach
|Module 6 – Material and Lab Update
- Aesthetic Ceramic Materials
- Update on CAD/CAM materials for aesthetic dentistry
- Lab procedure
- Laboratory perspective in Aesthetic Dentistry
- Improving Communications
|Hands-on Practice 1
Hands-on Practice 2
|Day 3 Program
|Module 7 – From Plastic to Ceramics II
- Removal of provisional veneers
- Trying and color modification of veneers
- Isolation technique
- Bonding and rapid cementation technique
|“Live” over the Shoulder veneer cementation and finishing
|Module 8 – Wrap Up Lecture
- Review of clinical case
- Review of course objectives
- Questions and answers
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.
Johan Wolfgang Van Goethe (1749-1832)