Friday – Saturday, August 30th – 31st, 2019
This intensive 2 days full training program is designed to help take your dental photography to the next level.
The course will focus on taking predictable and high quality intra and extra-oral photographs as well as increasing your skill set and portfolio with the use of truly artistic portraits and fine detail photographs.
The knowledge and ability of taking beautifully detailed photographs will bring the ‘X- factor’ to your practice, which in turn will be invaluable when showing patients the high quality dentistry you can offer.
ADDA is delighted to be able to offer this course for its Singapore premiere, avoiding a trip to Spain for this excellent programme. As this course is largely a hands on programme, places are very strictly limited.
Objective of the Course
- Demystifying the DSLR. Working with DSLR is simple and easy
- Understanding how digital camera works.
- Getting confident setting your camera
- Always be ready to shoot
- Document your cases from basic protocols to more advanced, from basic photos to artistic ones
- Implementing a photo protocol that simplify your work and save you time when documenting your cases
- Type of flashes – Understanding the indications of each flash and different techniques
- Choosing your equipment correctly according to your needs Mastering Intra-oral photography
- Mastering Extra-oral photography
- Mastering small product photography
- Learning to use simple set ups for beauty portrait
Digital Dental Photography Speakers
Dr Federico Brunner
Dr Federico Brunner completed the first University Cycle in the Faculty of Medicine in University Complutense of Madrid in 1998, then he graduated from the University of Alfonso X Sabio of Dentistry in Madrid in 2001.
Post Graduate Education:
- Training in Oral Surgery and Implant in Republica Cuba, La Habana 2001-2007
- Postgraduate in Implants in Madrid (Forum Implantologico Europeo) Dr Pedo Pena 2004-2013
- Updating new materials in Maxillary bone craft techniques, New York University (NYU) 2008
- Intensive Residency in Institute for Advance Dental Studies (Mayron Nervins) Boston June 2010
- Digital Smile Design Concept Course in London 2014
- Sidney Kina, Veneers, Brazil 2014
- DSD Master 2016 (Smile designer)
- Microvision Ukraine 2017
- Aesthetic Dentistry Awards Overall Winner 2015, United Kingdom
- Full Mouth Rehabilitation. Occlusion ABC Buenos Aires, Argentina 2017-2018
- Co-founder of Digital Photography Academy
- KOL DSD Team
Dr. Jesus Creagh
- Program Director Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert) in DSD, Photography, Video and Social Media in Dentistry. UCAM University 2018.
- Collaborating Professor Research & Development in Clinical Dentistry for UCAM.
- DSD Academics KOL.
- DSD APP Instructor.
- Adjunct Professor in MSc in Oral Rehabilitation, Advanced Aesthetics and New Technologies. University of Almeria. (2013 – Present)
- Adjunct Professor of the MSc in Oral Surgery, Periodontics and Implants. UCAM. (2016 – Present)
- Adjunct Professor of the MSc in Minimally Invasive Adhesive Aesthetic Dentistry. University of Valencia (2014 – present)
- Adjunct Professor of the MSc in Orthodontics. University of Almeria (2014 – present)
- Adjunct Professor MSc in Orthodontics. UCAM (2014 – present)
- Adjunct Professor of MSc in Oral and Aesthetic Rehabilitation at the Miguel de Cervantes University of Valladolid (2016 – Present)
- lnvisalign Certified since 2001
- Member of Knotgroup Dental Corporation
- Member of SEPES
- Director of Dentoral Advanced Training Center.
- Co-Founder of Dental Photography Academy (2016)
- Collaborator of DSD Essentials Course. Madrid (2017)
- Collaborator with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of: Bilbao, Granada, Tenerife, Seville, Santiago de Compostela, Barcelona, Huelva, Malaga and Valencia
- Co-author of the white tooth whitening book.(2018)
- International Speaker of numerous courses and conferences in topics such as: Implant Therapy, Photography, Aesthetics, Orthodontics, Periodontics, Whitening, Marketing and Management
A MESSAGE FROM THE DENTAL PHOTOGRAPHY ACADEMY
Thank you for choosing our dental photography course. It gives us an immense sense of achievement and honour that you have selected us to improve your skills and knowledge in dental photography.
After many years of training and attending dental photography courses , we would like to share our experiences, give you some advice and useful tips which will help you make the most of your course, especially for the hands- on practice which is the most important part of this course.
In order to take your photography skills to the next level, during the course, we would like you to shoot as much photos as possible; as this course is divided into 50% theory and 50% in practical, we strongly recommend that you to bring all the necessary materials and equipment which required for this course.
DPA provides some materials for demonstration, and for students in case they forget , but it is best for every student to bring their own camera kits, dental mirrors, lips retractors, black contrasters.
If you don’t bring certain items i.e. an occlusal mirror then you won’t be able to practice taking occlusal photos, or when we practice taking small product photos with dental mirrors.
If you don’t have black contrasters with you, then you won’t be able to practice how to get intraoral photos with a black background.
Due to the number of new brands and models of cameras being released on the market every month, we strongly recommend that you check the manufacturer’s instruction manual carefully before you come to the course, so you are able to adjust settings quickly and efficiently.
We ask you familiarize yourself with:
- Diaphragm (f stop number)
- Shutter speed , ISO (Sensitivity of the sensor), White balance (WB);
- Autofocus mode and Manual focus mode Manual Exposure mode
- Manual Flash mode
Lastly, may We also remind you to bring some empty SD Cards and fully charged batteries . For intra-oral photos, please could you make sure to bring mirrors, lip retractors and contrasters which have been sterilized.
You don’t have to bring the most expensive equipment (we provide you with a list of recommendations, premium and smart options).
Nowadays you can find good materials for a very reasonable price which will allow you to take all kinds of photos that you wish.