Amalgam fillings have been implicated as possible causes in a host of issues in our bodies, especially for individuals with metal or mercury sensitivities. Amalgam fillings are widely used to repair cavities caused by tooth decay. Strong and long-lasting, they have been used for many decades.
However, most amalgam fillings contain about 50 percent mercury. So, if you have
a silver dental filling, chances are, it is made with amalgam.
Even though the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology has issued warnings about the dangers of mercury, most people are unaware of this health threat lurking in their mouths.